Stand strong for our nation’s future!
It’s time to defund Planned Parenthood, shifting taxpayer funding away from the abortion giant and to local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) that provide quality healthcare.
The ultimate result? Millions of saved lives.
Myth: Women will lose care if Planned Parenthood is “defunded.”
Fact: Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) outnumber Planned Parenthood (PP) clinics almost 20 to 1 nationwide, provide care for the whole woman, and see over 10 times as many patients as PP clinics. Under the American Health Care Act, these clinics will receive federal Medicaid reimbursement previously allocated to PP clinics for one year.
- In 2016, FQHCs served 24.3 million patients[i], while PP only served 2.4 million[ii]. One in 13 Americans depends on FQHCs for their healthcare needs[iii].
- Most FQHCs offer, usually on site (as opposed to PP who typically refers services such as mammograms to other locations), every service that PP clinics offer, such as STI testing, contraceptive services, prenatal care, gynecological services, and cancer screenings[iv].
- In addition to these services, FQHCs offer services PP clinics do not, such as primary care, preventative care, vaccinations, mental healthcare, among many other services[v].
- PP does less than 1% of the nation’s pap tests, less than 2% of its breast exams and cancer screenings[vi] and none of their clinics are authorized to perform mammograms[vii].
- PP’s health services and patient reach have dropped drastically over the past several years. Between 2004[viii] and 2016[ix], cancer screenings, including pap smears, breast exams, and colposcopies declined 70%; and over the last four years, PP has seen a 600,000 patient drop. Women are going elsewhere, and federal funding should follow.
Please give a lifesaving, nation-shaping gift to Concerned Women for America (CWA) today. Join me in saving lives!